The Dublin Airport Terminal 2 Project was the new-build construction of a Second Terminal designed to cope with the future demands of the airport.
The new terminal consisted of 75,000 m2 Terminal Building, a 25,000m2 Pier and was designed to cope with 15 million passengers annually.
The construction of the new terminal was conducted within a live airport environment, sharing the existing infrastructure with the general public and vehicles travelling to the existing airport terminal for the duration of the project.
The project was also situated between the ‘airside’ and ‘landside’ divide, which created its own unique challenges for operations that were required in one or both areas.
Our package was unique in that it was entitled the ‘Logistics and General Builders’ Package and included the following scope services:
- Site Establishment (Hoarding / Fencing / Signage etc.)
- Temporary Mechanical & Electrical supplies
- Tower Cranes & Hoist Supply
- Demolition Works
- Traffic & Material Management
- Security Management & Access Control System (Alandale’s S2K)
- Web Based Delivery Management (ADBM)
- Waste Management and Housekeeping
- General Buildersworks