Wardian – Temporary Accommodation
Works: Complete Strip-Out and subsequent Fit-Out of a Pontoon / Floating Accommodation
Contract: Trade Contractor
Duration: 8 Weeks.
The Wardian Project is the construction of Two (50 & 55) Storey Residential Towers within Canary Wharf.
Alandale were appointed to conduct a complete refurbishment and Fit-out of the projects Temporary Accommodation.
This temporary accommodation had previously served another large, Long-term project, and was in need of a complete upgrade.
The accommodation was sited on a floating barge and located within Canary Wharf Dock, moored to the perimeter dock wall of the project.
The project was completed over an 8 week period – with a summary overview of our works as follows:
- Strip-out of the entire accommodation (back to shell) including M&E / internal walls / floor finishes etc.
Making Good / Watertight
- Repairs / replacement of all wall / roof joints to return to a watertight state.
- Temporary Flooring Substrate
- Install all internal drylined walls / Cladding to Columns
- M&E Services (1st and 2nd Fix) (Power / Lighting)
- Install new floor finishes (Vinyl / Carpet)
- Construct new W/C’s / Cubicles / Washing Facilities
- Heating / / Extract
- Painting / Decorations
- Installation / Assembly of Furniture
- Fixtures & Fittings
- Final Clean and Handover